Whatcha doin' right now?

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
NeverMore
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Whatcha doin' right now?

Post by NeverMore » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:30 pm

I just finished watching a special preview of the pilot episode of Revolution.

Interesting show. Electricity stops working and the world is suddenly thrust back into the dark ages. I like it so far. Lot's of mystery and action.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:37 am

The previews of that show have looked like a rip-off of The Hunger Games to me, although I will probably give it a try.

How is it possible that nobody can rebuild the infrastructure just because it blacks out? And how could everything in the world go at once? (After all, cars have batteries, just saying.)

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:55 am

Only real resemblance I saw to the Hunger Games was that the main heroine uses a bow and arrows, but that's because the local warlord bans guns for everyone but his men.

The big mystery about the show is why did electricity stop working. Seems to defy the laws of physics.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:47 pm

I'm getting my Halloween on.

Watching a scary movie while drinking a Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale with a pumpkin spice candle lit. Oh yeah... also trying to install Windows 98 on my buddy's computer. Don't ask. It's a terrifying story on it's own.

Boogeyman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Boogeyman » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:21 am

Murfreesboro wrote:The previews of that show have looked like a rip-off of The Hunger Games to me, although I will probably give it a try.

How is it possible that nobody can rebuild the infrastructure just because it blacks out? And how could everything in the world go at once? (After all, cars have batteries, just saying.)

You do know what the result of an Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) is right? Nothing electrical works at all. I don't know if an EMP figures in to the show though. This is by J.J. Abrams(Lost, Fringe, Star Trek reboot). While I can't stand his politics, his work is usually good.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:00 pm

I don't think it was an EMP. If it were, as Murph suggests, they could have at least powered up simple devices. My working theory is that scientists were working on a new form of energy and screwed up, changing the basic nature of electricity. The beginning and end of the pilot hints at this. So if anyone from CERN or Fermilab is reading this, I'm keeping an eye on you. :cyclops:

VanHelsingStandIn
Master Reaper

Post by VanHelsingStandIn » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:35 pm

I'm having a pina colada at Trader Vics.....And my hair is perfect.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:40 pm

You in London town? Tell the Queen I said hi!

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:01 pm

Right now I'm still working on that stupid computer I thought I'd figured out a week ago. Actually, I did figure it out but then I forgot what I did. Now I can't replicated the fix. Grrrr!

While I'm working on that piece of %^&$!!! I'm listening to some of the terabytes of Halloween music I've downloaded over the last decade or so. Trying to catalogue and sort it. Man there's a lot of good music here! A lot of which I've never heard. The song from The Fight Club just came on. The one by The Pixies. There's a song that should be on a Halloween playlist if ever I've heard one.

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:12 pm

I think i need to get new spark plugs because my car has trouble starting today and few other days. :evil:
我想念我的家

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:02 pm

Okay I just got home from:
Getting a car inspection, getting plates, going to the doc, picking up prescriptions and a new and improve ankle brace for Sam, now it's time for lunch, Mc Donalds' happy meal, yummy, and it has a glowing pumpkin as a gift, from Hotel Transylvania, Woot, Woot!! :alien:

I sure wish this day would slow down just a tad. :roll:

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:46 am

I finish install spark plugs last night and now my car can go another 150 thousand mile. :alien:
我想念我的家

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:51 am

I just spent the last two days helping my buddy re-thread one of his spark plug holes because the spark plug blew out. Destroyed the threads. It happened as he pulled into my drive and the noise almost scared the skeleton out of me. His mechanic buddy says that's common with ford 5.4 engines. Aluminum heads. If you don't torque them properly they can come loose and do that.

We actually had to take the head off the engine because he has a van and we couldn't get in there with the threading tool. Anyways, if you do it while the head is still installed you have to be absolutely sure nothing falls in, or you'll have bigger problems.

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:52 pm

Yes there is little margin for error which is why it takes me 3 hours to do the install. My car is 2004 Infiniti and is also aluminum heads which can be tricky because it is finesse. Taking it all apart is probably more than I have tools to do so if I snap one off or something falls in I would be in trouble. Still I save $200 by doing this install myself instead of at the shop.
我想念我的家

The Duchess
Haunt Master

Post by The Duchess » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:49 pm

Practicing putting on makeup for my French Aristocrat costumes.

I will use them Halloween weekend at the Historic Cabildo's Ghostly Galavant

The green one is for the party Friday night.

The golden one is for my character Marquis Vaudrieul for the tours on Sunday.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Duchess
CHEERS! HAVE A GREAT DAY! FROM THE GUY IN A DRESS