Where oh where is everyone hiding!!

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
NeverMore
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Where oh where is everyone hiding!!

Post by NeverMore » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:08 am

I'm still getting used to my new house. First time I've moved in a looong time. Haven't set up my workstation yet, currently typing this on my iPad. I miss my desktop computer. :( Unfortunately this house it on a big hill and there is no chance of me getting a ToTers at all. You can't even see the house from the street so there's not even any point in decorating. Gonna be a lean Halloween this year.

The Duchess
Haunt Master

Post by The Duchess » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:16 am

Been busy but back now!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

THE DUCHESS
CHEERS! HAVE A GREAT DAY! FROM THE GUY IN A DRESS

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:14 pm

For me, the old ulcer started acting out again, so I spent most of last week in the hospital. I would have given my fangs just to have a laptop computer with Internet access. The doctors and nurses were all very nice and great at their traid, but no matter how wonder the hospital is, there is only one word to describe a hospital stay. BORING!!!!! At any rat, I'm "back in the saddle again," and am ever more and more eager for a motorcycle ride. I even took the Harly out last Tuesday, it was a nice rice, and then the ulcer cut in, and it was off to Silver Cross.

Not fun.

Mike

ancient whitelighter
Haunt Master

Post by ancient whitelighter » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:51 pm

Hiya Duchess, ILMM, Nevermore, & Mike! I've been away for a bit, too. Everyday life does have a way of preoccupying us sometimes. The "extra" little things that make us happy (like coming here :) ) get kinda pushed to the side for a while. Hope everyone is okay. Mike, hope you're feeling better. Sorry you've had such a rough time of it and that it interfered with one of your fun road trips. I always look forward to hearing about those.

Duchess, you always bring a smile to my face, even when I might be feeling low. Thanks!

NeverMore, hope you're enjoying your new place. A scene like this popped into my head when you described your new home's location, high up a hill :D Maybe for Halloween you could put a sign down by the road to let the TOTers know what delights await them up the hill!

Have a great day everybody.

aw
Celebrate Life!

The Duchess
Haunt Master

Post by The Duchess » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:36 pm

Duchess, you always bring a smile to my face, even when I might be feeling low. Thanks!

Thanks so much for the compliment! I am glad I do.

That's the purposes of the costumes. Guess I'll have to get some more skirts and dresses! Lol!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

THE DUCHESS
CHEERS! HAVE A GREAT DAY! FROM THE GUY IN A DRESS

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:02 am

Ancient Whitelighter, I didn't go on a 'haunted road trip," I just went for a short joy ride. The temps were okay, but the wind was very strong. I had to at least get the engine running to keep the oil circulated, and I put some fresh gas in the tank. My next 'haunted road trip,' is most likely going to take place next Summer. I am headed to Colorado if I can scrape together enough scratch. There are ghost towns there, where people actualy died in gun fights during the hay day of the Old West. Again, these plans are tentative, as is my pocket book.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:46 am

Glad you are on the mend, Mike!

Good to hear updates from everyone. My life hasn't changed too much, but I have periods of time when I am busy with family and can't spare the time for the boards. Even though the weather isn't great today, I am looking forward to spring.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:33 am

You and me, both, Murf. Now that Christmas is long past, I am looking forward to warm temps, sun shine, the beath, motorcycle rides, 'haunted road trips,' anf 4th of July fireworks. Not to mention, my Birthday. And don't forget the Harvest Moon Drive-In. That's iffy, though, unless they were able to upgrave to digital projection.

Mike

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:30 pm

ILMM, ancient whitelighter, glad your back!!!

Mike hope you get better soon, Ulcers usually take time tho.... good luck!!

NeverMore, you got a new house, congrats :bounce: , it's sad no trick or treater tho :( !!!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:51 am

I not only have an ulcer, but I also have Beratts Esophagus, which can become serious if I'm not caareful. Right now, other then the remnants of a nasty flu bug, I'm feeling fine, and putting lots of O T this week.

I just wish I could say the same for my potted pumpkins. The seeds I used were about 7 or 8 years old, though, so I think they died. Perhaps if I get a new packet of seeds, I'll have better luck.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:02 pm

Get new seeds. They are easy to find right now.

Morticia
Haunt Master

Post by Morticia » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:27 pm

I really wish I had a place to plant pumpkins, but dogs and pests are too much of a problem in my backyard. :/ I have, however, planted all the bulbs from all the Lilys, Hyacinths and tulips the other day. We'll see how that turns out.
Be afraid....be very afraid!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:51 pm

Morticia, growing any kind of a garden in my back yard is an excercise in futility. The rabbits, squirls, and to a lesser degree the crows will decend upon it and make a toss salad of it. The last (I don't know how many times) I tried to plant a pumpkin patch, the crows would eat some of my seeds before they even germinated, and the ones that did germinate didn't get too far into the blosseming stage before the rabbits and squirls came along and devoured them completely. One day I have a thriving vine, the next, it's totaly vanished.

That's why I am attempting an indoor grow for my pumpkins this year. I'm using a 3 gallen flower pot, plenty of earh worm castings and some good Illinois soil. My next move is to purchase a packet of new seeds, as the ones I used probably are too old.

Mike

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:04 am

I miss my old yard, but New Englanders seem to really get into the Halloween spirit, and having partners in crime for Halloween decorating was all kinds of awesome. Plus, I got to go trick or treating again for the first time in eighteen years!

We've been busy, so I don't think about Halloween every day like I used to, but we've decided to push the wedding back to October for obvious reasons. :wink: Hope the extended families like non-traditional!

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:23 pm

Ohhh!! A October wedding, YEAH!!! Congrats Mac & Clium!!!