Whatcha thinkin' right now?

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
Murfreesboro
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Whatcha thinkin' right now?

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:18 am

Sadly, yes, I do.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:35 am

I see a school in Texas is going to allow it's teachers to carry concealed guns. Personally, I think that's the solution to this cycle of violence. If you take away the guns people who want to do this kind of damage will still get hold of them.

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:45 pm

With population growing so fast there is certain to be murder and killing. There is no way to keep the killing out of society. All forms of life kill within their own species and human is no different but we have better weapons. Taking weapons is take away technology so why stop there. Also take internet, phones, air travel, and computers! Acceptance is the only thing that makes it tolerable to me because I just know evil is a part of humanity. :?
我想念我的家

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:37 pm

A number of our schools already have armed School Resource Officers. There is nothing that can stop these atrocities entirely, but I do believe it would help to have armed people in the schools, including, perhaps, teachers who already have concealed carry permits. So far, these crazy shooters are never so crazy that they go to a place where they expect people to shoot back at them.

Chang, you make a good point, I think. All of our technology is double-edged. because we are the ones who invest it with moral value. The technology itself is inert, so to speak.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:11 pm

I agree about Technology. It's inert in and of itself. The good or evil of it's use is in the hand of the user. However, I believe that human beings have free will, and they choose to do good or evil. I don't think we're all a bunch of out-of-control animals who kill out of necessity.

Mike

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:29 pm

The killers are the ones we have to be against and let God judge them all!
我想念我的家