happy thanksgiving everyone!

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
spookyboo
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Thanksgiving

Post by spookyboo » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:41 pm

I hope you all have a Wonderful Thanksgiving! Eat Laugh and Be Merry!
I am going to get up early for some last min preparations and then watch the parade.
Take Care, Be Safe and enjoy!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Wild Winds thou shalt blow
carry away my saddened soul
tis the time of Judgement

Slightlymad
Master Reaper

Post by Slightlymad » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:41 pm

Happy Gooble Gooble day one and all.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Nostalgiascape » Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:35 pm

I ate too much, I drank too much, I ate too much, I drank too much
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

soochal
Zombie

Post by soochal » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:11 pm

Nostalgiascape wrote:I ate too much, I drank too much, I ate too much, I drank too much
you and me both, my friend. *burp*

on a different note - and you're the group who will appreciate this - tonight at thanksgiving, my 2-year old niece's new favorite thing to do is walk with her arms in front her like a zombie, saying "bra-a-a-ains! bra-a-a-ains! e-e-eat bra-a-a-ains!" then she pretends to eat your brains, loudly and with much gusto. of course...

i was so proud. :D
Last edited by soochal on Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:15 pm

I'm stuffed... I think it's enough for me... no more turkey tomorrow! Too much foods inside me, and the turkey is sleeping in my stomach! :lol:

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:59 pm

My WORD! S'Oz's $5 turkey sure tasted like all the $20 turkeys she's made in the past!!!
What a MEAL! And I haven't even started drinkin yet!!! :D

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:14 pm

Well, I think I have it enought right now because I had bad gas! :oops:

But, I still have leftover turkey things here... I am thinking about giving them away to the needy people on the street! :lol:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:23 am

Holy, did you all eat just a little to much Turkey & pass out? Where is everyone? Well, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving down south :D

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:16 am

did everyone have a good one? i did! i'm with nos, i ate so much and drank so much! it's 3a.m. here and i just woke up so thirsty! whew! my tongue is so dry. :lol:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:32 am

Kallie, it's 3am there, my word I didn't realize you were so far ahead of us, it's 12:30am here. Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving :D It sounds like you celebrate Thanksgiving much different there, or it could be just different then me, you see I don't really celebrate any other holidays other then Halloween. I see that many of you mention Drinking, may I ask something? How does drinking get associated with Thanksgiving? I don't mean this in any ill regard, I'm just wondering, is Thanksgiving down there celebrated like a party? I loving understanding how other holiday customs come about? :D Hope you don't have to work or go to school tomorrow :shock:

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:47 am

well, i think that american's will use any excuse to drink :lol: :lol: my family always start the day out drinking mimosa's (champagne and orange juice) and then for dinner we have wine and then after dinner we switch to beer and play board games and watch movies :lol: we have drinks for every holiday! :D

just curious DOD, why don't you celebrate any other holidays?

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:23 am

Hey Kallie, champagne and beer, wow, sounds like a painful mixture :lol: Your celebration sounded wonderful Kallie :)

Well I guess I should rephrase that "I've never celebrated them in the conventional way". I grew up without any family so to speak, so I found other ways of dealing with Family related events I guess you could say. And well, in the past, I tried to celebrate it with my hubby's family once, but it's just way to difficult for me, I can't function "at all" in a family setting. It's not their fault, in fact his mom is such a dear, she really worked so hard and did a fine job I might add at making me as comfortable as possible. With a great deal of heavy meds in me thanks to my doctor who knows my situation very well, a number of Tequila's and realizing they didn't have a great bartender, well I went to work and did my magic in the kitchen away from the hoards of people, "all related to each other, didn't realize that was possible", well I was more then happy to hide in the shadows making potions :lol: But after that celebration both hubby & I realized that it was just to much to put me through for one night, soooooo I went back to celebrating holidays in a way that was comfortable for me. So I celebrate holidays by a number of other ways. 1) I like to just stay home with my babies & hubby if he's home and we rent movies, many of them 2) Usually since most holidays I spend with just my babies and myself I watch movies, hang on the net, volunteer at various places, and well that's it I think :roll: I do enjoy gift giving and spoil my babies way to much, and just enjoy the peace and quiet. Although I really do miss my home bar I use to work in many years ago. I remember asking my boss if we could try staying open one year for Christmas, I said "you know, there must be others out there who would enjoy having some place to go on Christmas, why can't I keep it open Christmas day and see what happens, maybe we might be a lifesaver who knows"? So he let me, and you know, that was one of my favorite xmas's. I started telling our customers in advance, and I ended up with some very grateful people, all who said how lonley and hard xmas was for them, we had a wonderful time, people brought munchies, some brought gifts, one even brought a little tree, although I must admit I wanted to paint it black :lol: we had music, dance, pool, someone even brought in a scrabble game. And most hardly even drank that night, we just had a real good time with each others company. The city had a bit of a tiff with it, but all in all it was a real good xmas.

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:06 am

hey, there's no problem with celebrating DOD style! 8) i don't like to do big shindigs either for holidays, it's usually just me and my daughter and my sisters tiny family and we like it that way! we all love boardgames and that is one of my favorite things to do for holidays. :D DOD that is so cool that you worked at the bar and had a good time with everyone. i know that you just light up a room and that everyone was there for you! :D

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:21 am

Hey Kallie, Thanks :wink: they "holidays" can be a very painful time, and well you either learn to find your own style or suffer grave results. I do the best I can. Not sure what I'm doing this year yet. Hubby won't be home, and my health hasn't really been cooperating so I don't want to committ to anything right now as far as voluntering goes. If I'm sure I will be well enough I'd like to do the Salvation Army Soup Kitchen, or the Homeless street Patrol or Crisis Line, but if I'm not going to be up to it, then I'll just snuggle up at home with a few movies and my babies :wink:

Sounds like a very cozy xmas you have planned :wink:

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:40 am

When I decorate for xmas which isn't very often, Let's see here :roll: maybe 5 times that I can ever remember. But I decorate in a gothic style. This year all I have up is a black feathered wreath with a black feathered Crow in the centre out front on my porch. If I was feeling better I had been thinking of putting up my black leaf garland from Michael's around my porch posts and mixing them with clear mini lights. I have more gothic style decor type stuff I've put up in years past, and maybe I'll do it again another year, we'll see.

But I do have a great deal of gothic style xmas decorating ideas that's for sure. One of these days I actually want to create a Gothic/Halloween Christmas decorating thread & post my ideas to share them with others who may be interesting in the darker style of Christmas decorating :D :wink: