Bad news just hit me like a ton of bricks.

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
Belladonna
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Bad news just hit me like a ton of bricks.

Post by Belladonna » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:52 pm

Sorry to hear that, Nos. I hope your mom stays well and happy.
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, and I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. Did you hear me butterfly? Miles to go before you sleep."

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:41 am

Thank you Belladonna. Everyone in the family feels like Mondays appointment in St Louis for a biopsy and subsequent surgery i'm sure can't get here quick enough. We are trying to remain stoic. Mom said she actually wanted to watch a scary movie with me cause she knows I love them so I put Jeepers Creepers in the DVD player and we watched it. Mom loves little Linus from Peanuts so once she returns from surgery, we're going to watch it the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.

They say live each holiday like it could be your last, well in this case that possibility send ice water in my veins.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:58 pm

Reader's Digest has a little article on tips to deal with Breast Cancer... not sure if it's this month or last month... it's a blue cover with a doctor on it.

Boogeyman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Boogeyman » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:09 pm

I feel for you. We are currently going through something with my stepdad. About a month ago, while camping, he started feeling lightheaded and had pain in his right shoulder. He was taking Cumadin which is a blood thinner, because he had open heart surgery ten years ago. 911 was called and they rushed him back to town. He and my mom were camping with their motorhome about 85 miles out of town. It turns out due to a fall, he started bleeding in the back of his neck All the blood went into his spinal column. This only happens 1 out of 75 times there is a bleed in the neck. The blood formed a bubble near the bottom of his neck. He lost complete control of his right side.

A few weeks ago, surgery was performed to remove the blood clot. He has been in Mary Free Bed, a phenomenal and well known rehab hospital for the last three weeks. He has had some movement in his right hand and some involuntary movement in his right leg. He will likely be at the rehab hospital for a few months and it will be a slow process. Every day he gets stronger. He turned 72 on 9/8.

Everybody was a bit apprehensive about the surgery. We even had the talk as a family about the measures the hospital would take if there were complications during the surgery. That was a tough evening hearing that kind of talk. I don't know how much movement he will regain but am very hopeful. That is the best thing you can do for you mom. Well that and just be there for her.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:42 pm

Thank you Boogeyman. And I admire your strength.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:45 pm

Best wishes to your stepdad, too, Boogeyman.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:45 pm

There's a new study out. Might not hurt to bone up on the latest research and bring it to your doctor's attention, in case they don't already know.

http://gizmodo.com/5945786/study-splits ... able-types

BTW: Who's this Belladona who has made an appearance in this thread? Is he a new member?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:56 am

I heard a stastic that goe my attention a little. 92% of all breast cancer victims are women. What does that tell you about the remaining 8%?

Mike

Morticia
Haunt Master

Post by Morticia » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:40 am

What witchy and jadwik said Nos. HUGS to you!
Be afraid....be very afraid!

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:11 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote: I heard a stastic that goe my attention a little. 92% of all breast cancer victims are women. What does that tell you about the remaining 8%?

Mike
Yes, men can get breast cancer.

Snoopy/Red Baron
Crypt Keeper

Post by Snoopy/Red Baron » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:18 am

I don't pretend to know what drives each person, but i gotta think that your mom would want you to be happy no matter what happens. If not for you, then for her. Be strong, my friend, and best wishes to your family.

P.S. The world can't be all bad when you can instantly have a community of friends just by logging onto Halloween.com.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:54 pm

Snoopy/Red Baron wrote:P.S. The world can't be all bad when you can instantly have a community of friends just by logging onto Halloween.com.
Hmmm... someone missed the iEra.

Well said Snoopy. Parents want their kids to be happy, no matter the circumstances. I'm sure your mom is as concerned about you Nos as she is about her health. Best thing you can do is not give her anything else to be worried about, no matter how much it's tearing you up inside. Be staid bud. You too Boogyman.

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:22 pm

NeverMore wrote:we find out Spooky was really iHaunt?
Oh this make me LOL. :lol:
Attachments
Riccardo.jpg
Riccardo.jpg (18.85 KiB) Viewed 18573 times
RiccardoStretch.jpg
RiccardoStretch.jpg (23.02 KiB) Viewed 18573 times
我想念我的家