What made you sad today?

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: What made you sad today?

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:32 pm

I wonder if they are even going to be launching any space craft from Cape Kennedy any more. I hear it's more ecconomical to launch from French Guyana, which is right on the equator, and gives the rocket a bit more of a boost.

Mike

NeverMore
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by NeverMore » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:14 pm

Wasn't someone building a commercial spaceport out west somewhere? In the desert? Also heard about someone wanting to build one in Florida.

Speaking of the shuttle... did you guys ever hear about the prank a radio DJ played here, where he said the shuttle was landing at a small local airport? Thousands of people raced to the airport to watch and mostly laughed it off when they found out the truth. Cops weren't too happy with the sudden traffic nightmare. I was listening and would have gone if I wasn't working, but I did go outside and look up.

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

AlexinaWarn
Ghost

Post by AlexinaWarn » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:33 am

The bodies of the last four missing miners in West Virginia were found, ending hopes they might have made it to a safety chamber. waoo its good.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:52 am

Actualy, there's no way the space shuttle could land at any regular air port, because the run way isn't long enough. When the Space Shuttle lands, it's gliding. It's n ot being operated under power, so it has to coast to a stop, with only drag shuits and the breaks int he landing gear to slow it down. They MIGHT be able to land it at a major airport like O'Hare International, but they could never land it at some local air port where hoppyists take off and land in their Cesnas and Piper Cubs.

Mike

VanHelsingStandIn
Master Reaper

Post by VanHelsingStandIn » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:34 pm

I'm angry at the sad, sad, sad officiating that took place last night, at the end of the Green Bay-Seattle game.

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:09 pm

I'm sad today because we just found out our youngest daughter just sprained both ankles in Marching Band, ouch!!! She now has to miss some school and wear an ankle braces on both ankles, I can't wait to see that hospital bill!! :roll:

And no the school does not cover this, we checked.

VanHelsingStandIn
Master Reaper

Post by VanHelsingStandIn » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:44 pm

Witchy, I realize I'm an old guy who went to school back when everyone wore platform shoes, polyester leisure suits and listened to disco music, but how in the world can the school refuse to pay for an injury sustained during a school related event? That just doesn't sound right. It might be in your best interest to look into legal solutions for this? How long will she be wearing the braces? Will they be on both legs? Is there even the slightest possibility this could be a long term or permanent injury? y'all need to check into this. I know things are different now, but if this is school related, I can't see how the school CAN'T be held responsible?

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:37 am

These days the family probably had to sign a waiver to let her participate.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:20 pm

Andybev01 wrote:These days the family probably had to sign a waiver to let her participate.
Bingo!! You win a prize!! :lol: :wink:

Sam has to wear ankle braces on both ankles, now for 6 to 8 weeks, if she keep injuring her ankles they will kick her out of band, and she would be devastated, she loves it!! I thought it would have been her asthma that would cause her to be outed, not her ankles, go figure. Poor kid!! :roll:

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:00 pm

VanHelsing, I wore a leisure suit and listened to disco music when I was in high school. The disco craze really started to come into it's own about the year I started my freshman year in high school. I was looking at some old Super 8mm home movies of me in my leisure suit just as I was getting ready to go out on a date with my gf. We went roller skating at the Tinley Roller Rink. Disco was the end all to beat all at that rink in the mid 70s, and as lousy as I was at team sports like baseball or football, I was a great roller skater and a great bicycle rider. She loved to roller skate, too, and allways insisted that I wear that stupid leisure suite ever time we went roller skaging.

Witchy, those waivers are very much part of modern life any more. About a hundred or so years ago, about the same time VanHelsing and I were wearing leisure suits and listening to the Village People, I also played the trombone in the high school band. We didn't do any marching and didn't participate in any parades, but we did play at all the football and basketball games in a ropped off section of bleachers. We had uniforms, but we only wore them at our main concerts, which were the Christmas Concert in December, and the Spring Concert in May. The rest of the year, when ever we played, we just wore our regular school cloths. Anyway, long story short, a few people got a bit 'rowdy' durong a controversial call by the referee during a basket ball game, and it got a little physical. Two boys started duking it our in the bleachers, and one boy punched the other in the face, and he fell into the band, and knocked a very expensive saxophone out of a young lady's hand. She won that sax in a music contest, and was very proud to play it. Her parents were very poor so there was no way to replace it. It was smashed beyond any hope of repair, and she was devistated by the loss. At least the band master had a horn that he loaned to her until she graduated.

I think those two idiots should have been sued to replace that saxophone, though. The band master wanted to take it out of their hydes.

Mike

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:36 pm

VanHelsingStandIn wrote:... but if this is school related, I can't see how the school CAN'T be held responsible?
The USA turned into the CYA a long time ago, IMO.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:10 am

I'm taking my oldest daughter to the doctors, she has strep, unfortunately I think I do too, just in time for my trip. :(

We get strep quite often my daughter and I, does anyone else get it alot besides us, every fall, it seems like? :roll:

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:29 pm

One of my toilets has broken tank seal so I need to repair that today. :cry:
我想念我的家

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:24 pm

I had Strep when I was a senior in high school, and the inept dufus of a adoctor I went to diagnosed it as an Upper Resperatory Infection and gave me some inadaquate medicine. My parents wanted me to get a 2ns opinion, and they found out it was strep. The problem is, I had it for almost an enetire year because of Dr Duffus's miss diagnosis.

Mike

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:05 pm

Flu

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]