Bad news just hit me like a ton of bricks.

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Bad news just hit me like a ton of bricks.

Post by Nostalgiascape » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:39 am

After going to the hospital for severe illness mom comes home and tells me she has cancer. F*****g cancer. In her right breast, Surgery within the week. I am leveled. If she passes, the most important person in my life wont be on this earth any more. And so what will be left? With four mental illnesses to fight through, what the hell in this craptastic world would be the motivation to continue?
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Bad news just hit me like a ton of bricks.

Post by witchy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:48 am

No's I'm soo sorry to hear about the bad news. Breast cancer is very treatable, hopefully they caught it in time. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family!!!!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:51 am

I'll remember your mom in my Rosary intentions.

Mike

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:45 am

My sister just had breast cancer and came through it, let's hope it's the same with your mom. As far as motivation to continue? There's always something interesting happening somewhere in the world. Don't you want to be around to see what happens next? I do! A female president, the Mayans were right, aliens land on Earth, we find out Spooky was really iHaunt? There are some things I just don't want to miss. Anyways, life is way too short to even consider bowing out early. Be brave, expect the inevitable, hope it doesn't happen for a long time.

Midnite Shadow
Halloween Master

Post by Midnite Shadow » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:48 am

NeverMore wrote:My sister just had breast cancer and came through it, let's hope it's the same with your mom. As far as motivation to continue? There's always something interesting happening somewhere in the world. Don't you want to be around to see what happens next? I do! A female president, the Mayans were right, aliens land on Earth, we find out Spooky was really iHaunt? There are some things I just don't want to miss. Anyways, life is way too short to even consider bowing out early. Be brave, expect the inevitable, hope it doesn't happen for a long time.

Now that was funny :OP

My prayers are with you Nos and your mom.
They say that life's a carousel
Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well
The world is full of kings and queens
Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
Its heaven and hell, oh well

I am Vengeance...I am the Night!

I swear to God...[Batman]SWEAR to Me!!

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:50 am

NeverMore wrote:My sister just had breast cancer and came through it, let's hope it's the same with your mom. As far as motivation to continue? There's always something interesting happening somewhere in the world. Don't you want to be around to see what happens next? I do! A female president, the Mayans were right, aliens land on Earth, we find out Spooky was really iHaunt? There are some things I just don't want to miss. Anyways, life is way too short to even consider bowing out early. Be brave, expect the inevitable, hope it doesn't happen for a long time.
WORD to all this.

Nos, that is such shocking news, to hear that a loved one has a life-threatening disease. You don't say what "stage" cancer she has, but I hope & pray for the best for her.

My MIL was a breast cancer survivor for 23 years, and ultimately died of something totally unrelated, not cancer at all.

ramaries69
Halloween Master

Post by ramaries69 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:17 am

..... we find out Spooky was really iHaunt? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nevermore, you are hysterical!!! Love your humor!!!!!

Nos, my heart goes out to you. I lost my mom 20 years ago, to that f*****g breast cancer, like you say. She was 42!!!!!!!! BUT, I'm not saying this to discourage you. You have to be strong for your mom and help her get through this. My mom was reluctant to get treated until it was too late. She didn't fight. If I could do it all over again, I would've encouraged her a whole lot more!!!!!!!!!!! I was very young and had just given birth to twins. I was living at home with my mom at the time, helping my dad with my mom and dealing with my pregnancy and going through a divorce. It was tough!!!! I honestly, didn't think or expected my mom to lose the battle. I still feel that perhaps, if I would've been more persistent, she may have still been here today. Like everyone else says, medical field has advanced tremendoulsy. There are many survivors who can attest to this. Stay positive!!!! I will keep you in my prayers.

ScarecrowJack
Haunt Master

Post by ScarecrowJack » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:00 pm

Wow, Nos, I'm really sorry to hear that. Breast cancer will take a toll, but it is survivable. I hope for the best for you and your family and will include you in my prayers.
We're the farmer's scarecrows
We scare away the birds,
We keep the farmer's corn safe
Without any words.
But when Halloween comes
We jump out of the ground
And we scare the boys and girls
When they come walking 'round.

VanHelsingStandIn
Master Reaper

Post by VanHelsingStandIn » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:12 pm

I'm sorry to hear this. I know you're concerned and worried. My mother had breast cancer too and survived and lived a long and healthy life.

Know of all the types of cancer, breast cancer has one of the highest rates of survival there is. Doctors have been dealing with breast cancer and winning for over 50 years now.

Listen to the doctor and take their advice. Be there for your mother and keep her grounded with positive thought and desires. You can and will whip this. It may take awhile, but you and your mom will come out on top.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:40 pm

I thank you all for you sincere concern and sharing of your experiences.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

scareviewzombies.com
Haunt Master

Post by scareviewzombies.com » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:01 pm

I hope your mom gets better. Try to stay positive.
☺Visit my Horror, Monsters and Halloween auctions!☺

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:03 pm

wow, NOS, I hope all goes well for your mom!

Nevermore, i couldnt even fake being iHaunt if I wanted to, my mind just isnt wired like that
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

johnsoneliza52
Haunt Master

Post by johnsoneliza52 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:34 pm

So sorry to hear that, but keep your chin up. As so many people have said, they have
done wonders with breast cancer in the last years. Here is to a speedy recovery for you
Mother.

Demonic Duck
Halloween Master

Post by Demonic Duck » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:47 pm

Hang in there Nos I'm sure she'll be OK.

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:48 pm

Awe, Nos-- they've gotten a lot better and diagnosing breast cancer (BC) early and getting it gone these days. Do you know what stage of cancer it was? My MIL was diagnosed with BC a month ago-- Stage II -- and just started radiation this past week. Luckily, she won't need chemo.

I hope they caught your mom's early and are able to nix it. Keep your chin up. A positive outlook always goes far.