Trick 'r Treat

Halloween and Horror Movies
hippieluvn
Halloween Master

Trick 'r Treat

Post by hippieluvn » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:36 pm

I was under the assumption that this movie would be released today, October 5, 2007, but I've been unable to find it at any theaters. I've read chatter online that the release date may have been pushed back to an unknown date in 2008. Does any have information on this film? Thanks!

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:03 pm

Because the movie SAW 4 is coming on the 26th of this month, so the director of TRT decided to hold that until summer 2008, but don't know the exact release date yet.

hippieluvn
Halloween Master

Post by hippieluvn » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:30 pm

Thanks for the info, but I must say that this upsets me. We don't need another Saw movie this October; we need something that will help us celebrate Halloween in style! Just my two cents... Thanks again.

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:13 pm

Your welcome!

As you know, I am not really biggest fan of SAW movies myself because they're ok... I am always loving all horror movies with blood and guts like that in them! :lol:

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:35 am

Dammit!!

tantraman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by tantraman » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:08 pm

agreed
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/

hippieluvn
Halloween Master

Post by hippieluvn » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:47 pm

I've never seen the Saw movies. As I'm getting older, I'm beginning to prefer more mystery and fantasy in horror movies to the blood and guts of slasher flicks. However, I still love JC's Halloween!

hippieluvn
Halloween Master

Re: Trick 'r Treat

Post by hippieluvn » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:38 pm

Any news on this movie? Summer 2008 has arrived, and I haven't heard a peep from anyone about this film. Are they holding out for Halloween 2008 now? I kinda hope so!

hippieluvn
Halloween Master

Post by hippieluvn » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:44 pm

dreamwrtr87 posted this on the IMDB message board:
I am interning at FANGORIA magazine this summer and I asked if they heard anything more about it. There is no release date yet, but it is listed as (hopefully) coming out in October or November of THIS year. If there's anything more that we hear, I'll let you all know. Although I still want to tear Warner Brother's to shreds for dropping it.

OctoberChill
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by OctoberChill » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:52 pm

Man the trailer for this is great. I've been waiting forever. I doubt it's coming out this year. As far as I know it still hasn't been picked up by another company.

The Saw movies will kill any other horror movie released in October, but this movie won't do very well if it's released in say, the summer. So you see the problem. I wish they'd at least release it straight to dvd so I can at least watch it. I miss seeing Anna Paquin.

Hallow's Queen
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Hallow's Queen » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:06 pm

MAN!! that upsets me soo much, because i wanted to see it last year,, and now we are not even sure if it is coming out ;___;
H a l l o w ' s Q u e e n

Image Image

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:21 pm

T 'R T film was supposed coming last year... BUT not!!! :evil:

I hope it would come in October of this year! I beg for it! :D

Also, SAW 5 is coming in October of this year as well. Even, MOTEL HELL remake should come in November or December, not so sure.

hippieluvn
Halloween Master

Post by hippieluvn » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:39 pm

I've never seen any of the SAW movies; I'm not into senseless gore. I prefer horror movies that truly scare me, not gross me out.

I can't wait until Trick or Treat comes out! I sure hope they release it around mid-October, so that I can see it in conjunction with my other Halloween activities.

I always hoped for a film that would pick up where Halloween III left off (i.e., create Halloween-themed thrillers not based on the Michael Myers character), and think Trick or Treat could be such a movie--even if they only make this one. I've always thought that there was a market for this kind of entertainment, especially during Halloween season; hell, at least us Halloween geeks would be into it! I wish the Halloween movie franchise would have left Michael dead and buried after Halloween II, and instead created exciting, new Halloween-based movies every few years.

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:47 pm

I love Halloween movies!!! 8) Even, the remake from last year by Rob Zombie! ;)

I heard RZ is not planning to do the re-imagining the second part of Halloween because he has no time to do so... Someone else would direct Halloween 2 remake... Why do we need another remake?!?

Well, all I know that RZ is currently working with his 2 films "El Superbeasto" and "Tyrannosaurus Rex". El Superbeasto, I think it will come out this year. Tyrannosaurus Rex will not come out until 2009.

hippieluvn
Halloween Master

Post by hippieluvn » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:29 pm

I love the original JC's Halloween! I also enjoyed parts II, III, IV, and RZ's remake; however, I could never get into the others. Like F13, it just seemed overdone. That's why I would have preferred a different trajectory with the franchise after the third installment.

I can't wait until the remake of the F13 now, too!