Trick 'r Treat

Halloween and Horror Movies
Haunt Master

Re: Trick 'r Treat

Post by Haunt Master » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:55 pm

Have you seen Halloween 5, 6, H20 and Resurrection?

And also, F13 remake will come out in 2009! :D

hippieluvn
Halloween Master

Post by hippieluvn » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:53 pm

Yes, but I didn't enjoy them; I'm a fan of Halloween 1-4 and the RZ remake. Similarly, I only enjoy F13 1-4, 6, and Freddy vs Jason; and looking forward to the F13 remake!

Dittomist
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dittomist » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:45 pm

I've been excited about Trick R Treat for over two years now, so the delays have been really upsetting. The idiots at Warner Brothers didn't want to compete against Saw 4 in October of 2006, so they postponed it yet again, and recently dropped it altogether. So now Trick R Treat (which was completed nearly two years ago) is completely without a home, and there is no news about which studios, if any, are interested. Hopefully we'll receive some positive news soon for a change because this looks like a truly amazing film. For more updates and rants, I recommend checking out the Trick R Treat messageboard on IMDb.com

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:38 am

TRICK 'R TREAT (2009)
www.imdb.com/title/tt0862856

I was saddened to see that the writer and the director Michael Dougherty has insisted that this his film will not release until next year in 2009! WHY ??? Because of all things have been F**ked-up!!! Other things to do so... It has to wait until next year!!! :evil:

Well, it's about four interwoven stories that occur on Halloween: An everyday high school principal was a secret life as a serial killer; a college virgin might have just met the one guy for her; a group of teenagers pull a mean prank; a woman who loathes the night has to contend with her holiday-obsessed husband. See more plotsummary: www.imdb.com/title/tt0862856/plotsummary

Here's the theater poster:

Hallow's Queen
Haunt Master

Post by Hallow's Queen » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:04 pm

AGIAN!!!! THATS WHAT HE SAID LAST YEAR!!!!! WTF MAN
H a l l o w ' s Q u e e n

Image Image

OctoberChill
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by OctoberChill » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:35 pm

Hallow's Queen wrote:AGIAN!!!! THATS WHAT HE SAID LAST YEAR!!!!! WTF MAN
Yeah I'm getting frustrated with this too. Up until recently I was still under the impression it was going to come out this year. I'm just gonna forget about this movie :?

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:38 pm

Same thing to my feeling! :evil:

I thought it was coming out last year, but NO!!!

Again, I was getting excited to see it this year, but NO!!!

What a waste time of waiting for it next year!!! WHY!?!?

Dittomist
Crypt Keeper

Post by Dittomist » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:04 pm

The only reason that we haven't been treated to this film yet is because of Warner Brothers and their incompetance. It got rave reviews from its special screenings in October and even won the Audience Award at the Screamfest Film Festival. Even the horror website Dread Central gave it a perfect 5/5 and that's very rare for them.

However, there are still no plans to release the film. On the bright side (if you can call it that), it was announced over the weekend that Warner Brothers is scheduling a test screening, so maybe we'll get to see it in 2009. To make sure we do, let's annoy the hell out of these idiots! WRITE TO THESE PEOPLE AND TELL THEM WE WANT TRICK 'R TREAT!!!!!!!

Alan Horn
President, COO
Warner Bros
4000 Warner Blvd, Bldg 3
Burbank Calif 91522
(818) 954-6000

Jeffrey Robinov
President
Warner Bros Picture Group
4000 Warner Blvd, Bldg 3
Burbank Calif 91522
(818) 954-6000

Kevin McCormick
President of Production
Warner Bros
4000 Warner Blvd, Bldg 3
Burbank Calif 91522
(818) 954-6000

Thomas Tull
Legendary Pics
4000 Warner Blvd Bldg 76
Burbank Calif 91522
(818) 954-6000

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:28 pm

Thanks for posting these informations here! I really do appreciate that, but where did you find out? Again, thanks! ;)

Dittomist
Crypt Keeper

Post by Dittomist » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:07 pm

I wrote to Michael Dougherty, the writer/director, on Myspace to ask if he had any contact info for Warner Brothers, and he gave me the e-mail address of somebody else to ask. So that's how I got those adresses. I sent letters to them all last week and they haven't been returned, so I assume they are legit. And I will continue to send them letters/articles/movie reviews several times a week, every week, until I get some definite news, dammit!
Apparently, the test screening (it's unbelievable how after all this, we are back to the test screening phase) yesterday got an applause from the audience, so that's a good sign. But then again, the test screenings in 2006 went really well too and just about everybody who has seen the film has liked/loved it.
Let's keep the enthusiasm alive and hopefully we'll finally have our own cinematic treat for next Halloween.
The movie was seemingly made for everybody at halloween.com

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:26 pm

So it is coming on next Halloween? Well, I really can't wait to see it! ;)

Dittomist
Crypt Keeper

Post by Dittomist » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:17 pm

There are still no plans whatsoever to release Trick 'R Treat. But this week's test screening shows that at least they haven't forgotten about the film. I am hoping for an October 2009 theatrical release but at this point, I will settle for anything, even just a direct-to-DVD release in March.

Dittomist
Crypt Keeper

Send e-mails and make calls to Warner Brothers!

Post by Dittomist » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:51 pm

Honestly guys, how can this hurt? You can send a letter, copy and paste a review, article, etc. Let's just make sure they don't go a single day without hearing about Trick 'R Treat until the film is released.

alan.horn@warnerbros.com
(818) 954-1445

jeff.robinov@warnerbros.com

(818) 954-7854

kevin.mccormick@warnerbros.com

(818) 954-2930

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:02 pm

Hey Dittomist,

Thanks for these email addresses! :D I already contact all of them, so I hope I will hear from them this weekend or the next week. :wink: :thumleft:

Thanks for the heads up!

Cordially,

Chris aka Haunt Master :salut:

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:35 pm

I did sending emails to all people what you posted above a few eeks ago, well, still nothing... Never heard from them... Maybe they're very busy?