last minute quick costume ideas ?

Chat about your costumes
kallie0509

last minute quick costume ideas ?

Post by kallie0509 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:05 pm

i still don't have a costume this year and i am broke as a joke. i need an idea of something i can use out my closet. also i have lots of old cardboard boxes. i need some help. preferably something dead or funny.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:55 pm

Hmmm.... Now if you could think of something dead AND funny..... THAT would be SOMEthing!!!!

HalloweenDot
Site Admin
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: last minute DIY costume ideas ?

Post by HalloweenDot » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:33 am

kallie0509 wrote:i still don't have a costume this year and i am broke as a joke. i need an idea of something i can use out my closet. also i have lots of old cardboard boxes. i need some help. preferably something dead or funny.
As is typical at this time of the year, last minute costumes are popular.

If you have any more ideas for those who are still searching? Post them here!

Halloween.com's list of last minute Halloween costume ideas is here:
http://www.halloween.com/halloween-cost ... -ideas.php
Halloween.com since 1994 - Chris

buck588
Vampire

Post by buck588 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:56 pm

http://www.halloweenhaunted.com/ has some good last minute ideas on do-it-yourself costumes.

Hope that helps.

buck588
Vampire

Re: last minute quick costume ideas ?

Post by buck588 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:56 am

Last minute section is updated with all new ideas for 2008, so feel free to check it out.

Hallow's Queen
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Hallow's Queen » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:50 am

u could make a box robot? not really the scariest of picks though
H a l l o w ' s Q u e e n

Image Image

blah3d
Ghost

Post by blah3d » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:21 am

Hallow's Queen wrote:u could make a box robot? not really the scariest of picks though
Box robots are always fun though you have to admit that.

RckyMtnmomx3
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by RckyMtnmomx3 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:49 pm

Last year my husband was a master baiter from "The Deadliest Catch". Very easy. You can get a plastic rain poncho real cheap. He threw on a fishnet and stuck some plastic crabs in it and wore a recycled beard to look scruffy and a doo rag.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:26 pm

After I outgrew those cheap costumes that they use to sell in kits at Zaer, we could not afford to go out and rent expensive cousumes, and it was very common in the neighborhood where I grew up, (Mt. Greenwood, located around 111th and Kedzie and 111th and Polaski) we pretty much made our own costumes out of anything we could find around the house.

One year, I got myself a bunch of card board boxes, some old flashlights, batteries and the like and made myself into a robot for Halloween one year. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of it, but I'm sure your own "artists eye" can figure out what to do, and if you're handy with basic wiring techniques, you can make a pretty unique costume.

Mike

milyfallwashere
Ghost

Post by milyfallwashere » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:39 pm

i had this idea for a costume: how bout the weak american dollar? walking with a cane and a "dull" makeup effect. I was going to do that one but i found other ideas too.

buck588
Vampire

Post by buck588 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:19 pm

http://www.halloweenhaunted.com/hh.php?page=costumes

Added some good last minute ideas in the section this year.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:11 pm

If you play on a sports team, (football, baseball, etc) or know some one who does, you can borrow their sports equipment and go as a player. A Martial Arts uniform will also work, as will a Police uniform, Fire fighting geer, jump suits with a number on them (prisoner), a bed sheat with two holes in it (ghost), put a camera round your neck and you can be a photographer. Load the camera and your "costume" can serve two purposes 1, a Halloween costume, and 2. you can take pics of your kids or various siginficant others ( I know, it's a cop-out, but in a pinch it can work, and yes, I've done it numerous times) Digital cameras are great. You don't even have to buy film. You can also print the call letters of your local ev station on a small piece paper (small enough to scotch-tape to a home video camera) and go as a professional tv camera person. (another cop-out but it works) Again, this will serve as both a Halloween costume and you can get video of your festivities.

Those are my suggestions for those of us who excell in the "fine art" of procrastination.

Mike

shopcomparecostumes
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by shopcomparecostumes » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:41 am

make use of anything you can see in your home. I am pretty sure you can come up with a hell of a costume out from scrap. It will surely be one of a kind also. Maybe buy some cheap accessories put some finishing touches on it. Goodluck!
I get my Cool costumes at my favorite store. Only in ShopCompareCostumes.com!
The Best Cheap Costumes! Costumes and Accessories all you want! Jump Here