Halloweenfingers
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Halloweenfingers » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:55 pm

I plan on going as a scary mermaid or siren. I'm going to wear a big teased up super long black/red rock star wig. And I bought vampire fangs and yellow contacts to make my eyes fish-like. But I want to be topless like a real mermaid, (without actually exposing the girls) so I got some of the rubber costume breasts too.
Next I just have to figure out how to make my tail so it looks real and spooky, but let me walk and use the restroom. Any ideas?
I really want to do something like this:

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/img/events/mermaid2006.jpg
Boo

gunnar
Ghost

Post by gunnar » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:43 pm

My son found this great website with a Halloween costume quiz. It's something fun and it gave me a lot of inspiration for my costume...which is going to be Alice from Resident Evil. Happy Halloween! Here is the link: http://halloween.fandango.com/

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:16 pm

Welcome Gunnar, love your avatar. Very creative and funny :lol: .
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

Uncle POE
Master Reaper

It's not your traditional scary, but ...

Post by Uncle POE » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:29 pm

... every year I want to go as SPACE GHOST ... but I'm no-where close to being in enough shape to put on that costume.

Worse, I'm not sure I'd want to take it off if I was fit enough to wear it (and thus purchase it). I have issues, lol.

magickbean
Halloween Master

Post by magickbean » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:46 am

Wow Halloweenfingers that will be amazing if you can pull it off!! I love that woman's hair - it's so dramatic :shock:

*claps* Ohh I can't wait to see everyones costume pics :)

Dr Strange

Post by Dr Strange » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:14 am

What's scarier?

Vampire woman...
Man in a diaper....
Vampire woman....
Man in a diaper....

:?

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:53 am

Man in diaper. :shock:
Don't drink and fly...

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:49 am

Man dressed as a vampire woman in a diaper! :shock: Beat that!
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:18 pm

HH, I honestly think if that man in the diaper dressed like a vampire woman, it would be a huge improvement! :shock:
Don't drink and fly...

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:43 am

:lol: , LawP!

Okay, so one of our sons is going to be Jack Sparrow this year and the other, Lightening McQueen. :D Of course, my husband and I want to keep with the chosen themes so I'm gonna be a pirate wench and he's going to be either a race car driver or like, a mechanic, maybe...but I'm having a hard time finding an adult costume for that..anybody seen a race car driver on the costume websites?.....

NATUREPIXIE
Crypt Keeper

Post by NATUREPIXIE » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:08 pm

I'm going to be a witch, my party theme this year is a Witch Coven..

LawP
Haunt Master

Post by LawP » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:45 pm

Laurie,

I think BuyCostumes.com has the Wonder Bread racing suit from Talladega Nights (Ricky Bobby).
Don't drink and fly...

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:43 pm

Laurie: if you get just a jump-suit (like coveralls) you can always put your own numbers and logos on it, and fix it up however you want to. There is even iron-on fabric that you could cut shapes out of if you're not a sewer (like me, never learned how). Be sure to have him wear some cool sunglasses, all the best drivers wear cool shades! I think that's great that you guys are going to coordinate as a family. One of the best costumes we had last year on TOTers was a family all dressed in Star Wars costumes, Mom as Leia, Dad as Obi Wan, son as Luke and daughter as Padme...they were so awesome!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Nyx
Crypt Keeper

Post by Nyx » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:24 am

Okay, I'm seriously going to pull my hair out, ya'll. My two original costume ideas are totally not working out for this Halloween. Everyone changed the themes on me. :(

My costume that I finally got together to be Nyx won't fit with either party theme. I'm hoping to fix it to where I can use it for our old hollywood horror party. My zombie nurse costume isn't even going to be used this year and now I need a costume for a Nightmare Before Christmas party for the kids. I don't want to do Sally since my cousin is already dressing up as her. So I have no idea.

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:55 am

I appreciate that LawP, although I can only imagine the look I'd receive from my husband if I tried to dress him in the Ricky Bobby Wonderbread racing suit, HEE HEE HEE!!! :lol: I can see him now, OMG!!! Yeah.....don't think he'd go for that one. :D

Good idea there, Hooch, thanks!! I'm not a sewer either, iron-on fabric all the way! YAY, now we're gettin' somewhere!! :D And he's definitely already got the killer shades covered. 8)