Haunting for 2008?

Are you a yard or home haunter? Discuss that here.
autumnbr33ze
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Haunting for 2008?

Post by autumnbr33ze » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:06 pm

i'm hoping to create 2-3 lifesize "dead people" dummys, then find 2-3 live dummys [ha, my friends] to help me surprise little trick-or-treaters. as for other decorations, i'll probably build a scarecrow, and put out my 4 tombstones.

for something new, i'm planning on covering my windows in black posterboard, then cutting out some spooky silhouettes and changing the lightbulb colors in the background so the windows will look kickin' awesome from the street. also, planning on buying some glow-in-the-dark paint or chalk and making some creepy warning signs.

won't be complete without a terrifying sounds CD in the background. i might even make my own sound fx this year, just for the fun of it.

i don't have a lot of money to spend on the holiday, so my dummys will probably be made of stuff from around my house. [tip- just follow your creative ingenuity and your dummys will turn out awesome.]

the end [:
eat, drink, and be scary.
-author unknown.

PumpkinJack81
Ghost

Post by PumpkinJack81 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:25 pm

Our decorating will probably be a lot like last year. Since we have a child now and a lot of younger kids live in our neighborhood our home is very Halloweeny and not too scary...

I have orange witch-cicle lights for the front porch and a set for the side porch with Jack Skellington heads at the bottom of each row. I'll put the vintage light-up pumpkin in one of the downstairs windows and the orange light-up "Trick Or Treat" rope light sign I got on clearance last year. I have orange and black luminaries I'll put out Halloween night. Over the sidewalk leading to our front porch I have a "Happy Halloween" archway that is black metal with orange lights strung throughout. Our pumpkins (both real and funkins) will be on the front porch and the two steps. Last year I had one of those animated spirit balls also set up on the front porch and everyone seemed to like it. I had it set on motion so when each trick-or-treater would walk up, the head inside would start to move and talk. It was great!

I also have a small graveyard in the front with a Jack Sparrow tombstone, as well as a Haunted Mansion one.

My mother-in-law gave me a few skulls for my birthday last year, so they'll go in the graveyard as well. One of them changes colors and cna play spooky sounds like thunder and lightning, wolf howls and ghosts. In the upstairs windows I'll place the large window silhouettes and may try using colored bulbs this year to light them up.

I always want to do a little more each year and had a few good ideas for this year's haunting, but being in grad school and staying busy with our 11-month-old will keep them from developing. :( No biggie though, there's always next year...I just seem to not have enough time or money to do exactly what I want. I'm sure a lot of you know what I mean.

I would like to make some black trees out of wood to set up in the front and hang lanterns from them. I saw this in a magazine and they looked relatively simple to make, and i think the effect would be nice. I'd also like to make a circle of "dancing ghosts" that I've seen a number of times online. Use wooden dowel rods and styrofoam balls drapped with sheets to create several ghosts that you set up in a circle. If you hook the corners together they look like they're dancing.

Trick or Treat
Trick or Treat
Trick or Treat for Halloween
Better give a treat that's good to eat
If you want to keep life serene

Halloween Freek
Master Reaper

Post by Halloween Freek » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:19 pm

I'm working on my halloween fence that borders the sidewalk, coming along quite nicely...

finlee
Zombie

Post by finlee » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:38 pm

Your halloween fence is looking well wicked!
Wish we could emigrate to the US of A so that we could do halloween properly. We have to set the whole thing up and take it down in one night!
We also have to do it in a gazeebo so that there is a bit of mystery for the TOTers Frankenstein this year (pinching vilethings scrim wall for the monster - thank you) should scare the little dears when a 6 foot monster suddenly appears from nowhere - he he. The teenage boys are best - they squeal like little girls! What fun

Halloweennut08
Haunt Master

Post by Halloweennut08 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:24 am

Its full bloom season for us <deleted> decors, I am doing a haunted cemetery and morgue where i will be serving candy. I have some homemade tombstones wooden one with stakes I've made I will try to get pics uploaded soon. I don't know about you guys but the last 3 years on Halloween night it has either rained really windy or both and it ticks me off I didn't start off with a lot to begin with any ways and 4 out of my 5 standing figures was ruined 3 of them beyond repair so then I had only 2 left then last year they were finished off. I had 7 tombstones 4 of them was foam store bought they went like 20 miles the other way. So last year I made a lot of wooden ones worked good. Just hoping little less wind and rain. Well having that all done with. I went and bought a timer for my fog machine and fixed one of my wooden tombstones. Planning to do 4-5 more wooden tombstones spray them with gray spray paint so I will have 9 total. I ave 2 little friendly signs Happy Halloween type sayings. 2 Tiki torches thinking about buying tea lights, Going to try and look for more figures and some 19.99 Figures. Have a motion censor ghost that goes p and down and makes noise. A section of white fencing, Strobe light some red lights, fog machine and two solar lights. 2 Freddy cougar window covers there huge!!!! And going to rake leaves when they start falling and spread them all over.

Im trying to come up with more ideas so if you have any I could sure use them.
HALLOWEEN 2011 THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!!!